Monday 25 June 2012

Remember the Time

~~ song by the late Michael Jackson

Where were you three years ago today?  I was at work when I heard the news that Michael Jackson was dead.  I didn't believe it.  Right up to his televised memorial tribute in the Staples Centre in L.A. I didn't believe it.  I figured like Elvis, Princess Diana and Tupac -- he faked his death to get some piece and quiet.

Alas, it is true and I would say tragic.  I heard someone say once "where were all these people when the person was alive? When they needed help. When they could have been helped?"  Good question. In MJ's inner circle it was no surprise I'm all melancholy today because I watched a documentary about MJ last night.  It focused mostly on his music -- on his talent, his theatrics, on his album sales, his music videos and all the music industry and world wide records he broke. 

I can't name a single artist today who I would lay the mantle of the "next Michael Jackson" on.  Seriously, with his death came the end of an era.  30+ years after he started his music career you can still listen to his music and enjoy it!  It's timeless!  Here's to you Michael Jackson!


No comments:

Post a Comment