Tuesday 4 June 2013

A novelty button I had in university once said...


This definition was adequate then -- EXTREMELY APPROPRIATE now!

To all the admins who have to share an office - I salute you.  I don't think I'm doing it right.
A black cloud hangs over my head as soon as I cross the threshold all day until I'm finally alone for the last hour of my day.  When finally I have a moment to relax and my shoulders resume their normal position from being pinned up to my ears all day.

The constant battles over the air conditioning -- a useless invention as far as I'm concerned.
The battles over the overhead lighting -- another useless invention (check my post re. the batcave from last year)  The cell phone going off with calls and text message tones all day every day.  The speaker phone calls.
The music through speakers. The propped open door which is directly beside my desk -- not hers.
Day in ...day out.  Today was the last straw!

 First...I come in and there's already someone in here I almost clocked with the door!  No idea what he was doing in here -- didn't know he was going to be here -- didn't know for how long.  So imagine trying to type up confidential emails with someone sitting less than 5 feet away from you hanging around in your peripheral vision!!!
Then came two people for a meeting that took almost an hour.  And they were pretty loud. I couldn't concentrate and finally i just left the room!

Well...I finally did say something ... to her and my boss. Will things change? Probably not.  Will it happen again?  Most likely.  Will I probably be back here blogging about it? MOST DEFINITELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment