Monday 13 June 2011

It was… Work Day 7: Post 7 -- "You talking to me?"

~~ Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver

I call this piece….
My one-sided interview with Glamazon
Mrs. Hemsworth: Thank you for joining us this afternoon on the bus, Glamazon.  Let’s get right to it.  So your style is very…uh…unique.  Care to comment on that?

Glamazon: …
Mrs.H: No?  Okay…Where would one buy a very asymmetrical skirt in Pepto pink that has severe pilling?
G: …
Mrs. H: Not revealing your source eh?  Understandable.  Now I notice your high neck sweater is the exact shade of white as your patterned pantyhose and complexion.  What’s your secret?
G:….
Mrs. H: And I’ve noticed you’ve paired your ensemble with two-toned, pea soup green, shoes that are a cross between granny’s oxfords and granny’s mary janes.  Seriously…what were you thinking?
G: …
Mrs. H: Ahh….I get it .. you were going for quiet mystery.  Like, you’re staying quiet because it’s a mystery to you too what possessed you to wear them.  Intriguing!
Mrs. H: Now I can’t help but notice that you read a lot.  What would you say to your critics that would label you “a dumb blonde” -- referring of course to your recently bleached hair?
G: …
Mrs. H: Strong silent type eh?  I respect that.  Well thank you for sitting beside me on this bus.  It’s been enlightening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment