Thursday 29 December 2011

"I have a conundrum"

~~ Direct quote from Officemate at 0805 December 29, 2011

*Sigh* It's too early in the morning for this shizzle!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( 
Firstly; here is the definition of conundrum:

co·nun·drum/kəˈnəndrəm/

Noun:
  1. A confusing and difficult problem or question.
  2. A question asked for amusement, typically one with a pun in its answer; a riddle.
Secondly; yes officemate...I know what the word means.  You're impressing NO ONE!!  And your pathetic attempt to illicit some kind of follow up comment like " A what?" has fallen on deaf ears.  Literally.  Volume way WAY up on the IPhone this morning.

And I bet you're all wondering what the conundrum was .... her cordless mouse wasn't working.  Neither a confusing or difficult problem or question OR a very amusing one at that!  I was thoroughly disappointed and decided to go for coffee IMMEDIATELY.  I return in ten minutes and she has fixed the problem. Sorry -- solved the conundrum she had spent "all morning sitting there trying to figure out".  All morning being about 5 minutes in officemate time cuz I know she rolled in just before I did but will claim she's been in since 0700 so she can leave at 3:00pm.  She then described in detail what the issue was and the ensuing resolution.  Thank goodness.  I was going to lose sleep over that!

Further, she had decided to wait for my return to ask me what the title of one of our VP's were. 
My response: "I don't know...why don't you look it up"
Her response: "Yeah I guess...I just thought you might know."
Further supporting my theory that she literally would rather just roll around asking others how to do her job than spend one iota of effort finding the answer for herself!!!  And people wonder why I pound my keyboard so damn hard!

 Now on to more interesting frivolity (put that in your google search box and smoke it officemate!)

Faithful reader...I'm in the process of what you might call "Knee Jerk Blogging".  I surf, I see, I blog.
Here are some additions to my FAVOURITE feature on this blog...


Separated at Birth....

Thanks Demi for dying your hair red -- without which this post would not be possible.




I know these pics are a stretch for "Separated at Birth" but stay with me folks...
 
Pathetic clone or imitation is the highest form of flattery? What do you think Kim's motivation was?
Self aggrandizing fame whoring?  Yeah...that's what I thought too!


                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment