Friday 23 December 2011

"Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day"

~~ Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas


So, here I am. The last workday before Christmas. A workday, but in no way a day of work. And me without a partner in crime. And so... I must blog.


Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for....

LAB...COAT....FASHION!! *applause*

The trend of the day for December 23, 2011 seems to be a lab coat, jeans and black knee-high boots. I know the "labrats" need a casual Friday too, but there's just something so incongruous about this look. The top says I am an intelligent professional while the bottom says I shop at Stitches!! The worst offender award today goes to the woman whose boots disappeared under her lab coat (in case you can't picture this, I'm talking thigh-highs, people!)


I Know it's Christmas Eve Eve but...

Do we need to take our fashion so literally? The top 3 Christmas looks seen here today:
  1. The santa hat - I can deal with this one. It's a touch of whimsy. And btw Santa grew a little ponytail!

  2. Ornament earrings - Medium sized red balls - a little disco-ball-y. Not the worst, mainly because she was cute. But didn't really jive with her outfit. I'm going to guess she sits behind a desk.

  3. The Christmas sweater - Yep, I said it. She went there. She brought the Christmas sweater to the workplace. Isn't that reserved for home, when the relative who made/gave you said sweater comes over to visit and you have to show that you really, really like it? It was red, it was wool, there were trees involved. Oh wait, did I mention it was a sweater-vest?! I don't have an actual photo, so I'll leave you with this dramatization*:


    *Neither sweater nor wearer look anything like the actual ones discussed above.




















    Merry Christmas to all! Back in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment