Thursday 5 January 2012

"2012 (MMXII) is a leap year that started on a Sunday in the Gregorian calendar, and it is the current year. It is the 2012th year of the Common Era"

~ Wikipedia, "2012"


It's 2012 b*@!%es!! Re-acclimating after the holidays has been a challenge, especially when I have to do it alone. Mrs. Hemsworth, we need to stick together at times like this! We'll have to plan better for next year.

So much fodder, so little time. It's tough to get any blogging done when you have to work your (other) day job. Here's a little taste of what mine eyes hath seen in the past 3 days....


Rooney Mara in a Pretty Party Dress??

What happened here? I'm not crazy about the side panels that appear to be either a different colour or just a different shade of black, but....pretty party dress! And it's a whole dress. Not a cut-out for miles. I haven't seen the back but I am going to play the naive card here and envision a consistency with the front.

Love the beauty look, too: great lip colour, digging the hair (side note: I totally have girls-with-straight-hair-who-can-rock-bangs envy).

I don't like the shoes (I'm sure you saw that one coming) - it fascinates me that such a stringy, naked shoe could make a woman's feet look so clunky, but there it is.

Another side note: I saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo over the holidays and I loved it. Very true to the book and much better than the Swedish film in my opinion.

But....pretty party dress!






Oh wait, yeah, here it is.... the world is back to normal:





























2012: Ringing in the Crazy

A sampling of New Year's getups. I particularly like how Paris is trying to put herself on par with Duchess Catherine by wearing stockings instead of bare legs. Real subtle, Paris. Apparently Mariah spent her evening in a bowling alley sometime in the 80s.














































2012: Continu
ing the Crazy

If there's one celebrity we can rely on to bring the crazy, it's Julianne Moore. Early in 2012, she does not disappoint.




























I don't know about Olivia Wilde. She is a little all over the map for me. I really don't get this:


Aviator meets granny meets diner waitress, all in a 70s wash. BLAAAAAAAA



























My 2012 Meme Prediction

My prediction is that the next trending meme for 2012 will be a follow-up to sad Keanu: sad Russell.





























Conspiracy 2012

So I'm not big into conspiracy theories, and I'm not sure what on earth the reasoning behind this conspiracy would be, but I am fully convinced that Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry are the same person. My newest bit of proof? They are now both getting divorced, announcing within 2 weeks of each other. Coincidence? Heh. I don't think so!

In another weird and totally unrelated conspiracy.... We got to talking about former Mayor Mel Lastman a couple days ago (read: I would rather have ANYONE in the mayorship right now other than Rob Ford) and his scandalous affair complete with illegitimate offspring. We set out to find photos of his sons (now middle-aged of course) but could find none, even though the story was a big one, even featuring in the New York Times. The one article that clearly contained photos - the photos were gone, only the captions remaining. What is going on??? More research to be done...



Positive Vibes for 2012...

Sigh. Just breathe it in....... Happy New Year!


















No comments:

Post a Comment